IRS Help

At Conley Law Practice, LLC, we offer a free initial consultation with a tax lawyer, to explain the legal ways you can eliminate, reduce, or manage your tax debt. Some options include:

  • Offer in Compromise: We will offer the IRS or state tax authority a settlement for less than the full amount of tax owed.
  • Abatement of Penalties: We will ask the IRS to drop some or all of the penalties that you owe. By eliminating penalties, you may be able to afford a repayment plan on the original tax debt.
  • Qualify you for Uncollectible Status: If you are unemployed, disabled or retired and have minimal or no assets, then we will assist you in having you declared currently not collectible. Once you have been declared uncollectible, the IRS will cease collection actions for a certain period of time. Your uncollectible status can then be renewed until your situation changes.
  • Installment Agreement: If you have some disposable income to use toward payment of your tax debt, we will propose a payment plan (also known as an installment agreement) to the IRS. We will structure the plan in a way that allows you to continue paying for the things you need, while enabling you to pay off your tax debt over a period of time.
  • Statute of Limitations Defense: If you have an old tax debt that is approaching the collection statute expiration date (also known as “CSED”), we will advise you of this fact. Many taxpayers do not know that the IRS has a time limit on how long they can attempt to collect an old tax debt.
  • Wage Garnishment Release: If your wages are being garnished by the IRS, we will work with the IRS to obtain a garnishment release. Once wages are released, we will work with you to structure a solution to resolve the underlying tax problem.
  • Innocent Spouse Relief: With Innocent Spouse Relief, we will ask the IRS to provide relief to the spouse who was unaware or not at fault for the creation of a tax liability.

Questions To Ask

What if I owe more to the IRS than I can pay?

Will my spouse be held liable for my tax debt?

How should I prepare for an IRS audit?

If the IRS garnishes my wages, will they take my entire earnings or just a percentage?

Can the IRS hold a business owner personally responsible for not paying payroll takes?

Call 610.524.3200 today for answers!

If you have substantial debts in addition to the taxes you owe, filing bankruptcy may also help you minimize or eliminate tax debts.

  • Filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy can discharge certain tax debts.
  • Filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy will enable you to put your tax debt into your Chapter 13 repayment plan and pay it off over a three- to five-year period without accruing interest or penalties.

If you need information and guidance regarding your tax debt relief options, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with a tax attorney at Conley Law Practice, LLC. Call us locally at 610-524-3200 or send us an e-mail today.